We recognize that health and wellbeing is threatened not only by illness but also by workplace stress, insecurities, and general dissatisfaction with self or others.
A 2005 study in the USA indicates that companies lost USD 9 Billion (Rs. 40,317 Crore) in 2005, to unwell employees. They also lost 14% of their annual working days i.e., more than 51 working days in a year due to illness in their work force.( WHO Estimates, Times of India, September 13, 2007 )
Significantly, a report reveals that 2% of a corporation's capital spent on the workforce is lost due to disability, absenteeism and under par performance. (Working Towards Wellness - an Indian perspective, Price waterhouse coopers)
Corporate leaders need to be made to recognize that wellness programs are investments in the company. And made to realize the importance of investing in a healthy workforce.
Employee Wellness Programs: Top 5 Reasons
- Lower health care costs and other hidden costs of unwell employees
- Reduce absenteeism & employee turnover approximately by 30%, thus lowering the cost of hiring and training new personnel. Source : Survey by The Art of Health Promotion 2005
- Maintain and improve productivity & work performance
- Boost the work place morale leading to upbeat and energetic employees
- Enhance company brand value, attracting the best talent in the industry. Promote company loyalty and retention of skilled staff
In an effort to combat growing employee ill–health and its consequences, corporations worldwide have instituted wellness programs with very positive results.
Some notable examples include:
1. The Johnson & Johnson voluntary employee wellness program ‘JOBFIT’: (Source: ICMR Case Studies and Resources)
- Reduced absenteeism rate by 15% within two years, and also cut the hospital costs by 34% after just three years.
- The financial benefits J&J enjoyed were to the tune of $8.5 million in the form of annual savings in medical care costs of employees.
- Saved $225 per employee annually due to the decrease in the number of hospital admissions, cases of mental health problems and outpatient services. Also benefited due to increased employee productivity, lower benefit plan costs and reduced absenteeism.
2. A NASA study reported a 12.5% increase in productivity in their fitness program participants versus non-participants. Participants had better work performance as well as concentration and decision-making powers. (Company Sponsored Employee Fitness Program, The Association for Fitness in Business, 1991.)
3. Pepsi Co. demonstrated a return of $9 per dollar spent on employee wellness, by way of $3.48 in reduced health care costs, and $5.82in lower absenteeism costs. (Source: Study conducted by Pepsi Co)
Just as equipment and facilities, require preventive maintenance, so do the most valuable asset, THE PEOPLE- OUR EMPLOYEES.
CORPORATE WELLNESS SCREENING AND PRODUCTS
- Corporate Pre Employment Assessments
- Corporate Annual Medical Checks
- Special Non fasting Packages for corporate
- Onsite Camps
- overseas packages
- Disease specific Camps
- Special customized packages for corporate
- Regular, Periodic Screenings
- lifestyle counselling
- Immunizations/ vaccinations / safety screen
- Drug Of Abuse Assessments
- Consultations & Counselling
- Statistical health report of employees for the key clients with recommendations and suggestion for improvement of health of employees.
- Health Awareness Lectures & Workshops
- Wellness Full Day Consultations ( MBBS)