Infectious bronchitis virus (IBV) was the first coronavirus to be isolated from domestic fowls in the late 1930s. These viruses infect the upper respiratory system of the mammals including humans. Various coronavirus types lead to various health issues. Most of the coronaviruses are not harmful. It is advisable to consult expert doctors for coronavirus diagnosis. Depending upon the type of virus and the damage caused, the doctors implement coronavirus treatment in a patient-specific manner.
Symptoms, Types and Diagnosis:
These viruses majorly cause cold to different intensities among humans. The other coronavirus symptoms include:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
In rare cases, they cause exacerbated asthma as well.
The coronavirus types causing these moderate issues are 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1. These types of coronaviruses sometimes cause pneumonia or bronchitis as well.
MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV are the coronavirus types usually causing severe respiratory system issues. Due to the impact of Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), more than 700 people had lost their lives in 2003. Again, MERS was found in the Middle East Region.
The experts recommend laboratory COVID-19 Testing of your respiratory specimen and blood serum for coronavirus diagnosis. Again, you should inform your doctor about any travel to the Middle East Region and contact with animals like camels. This may help the doctors to diagnose MERS.
Transmission of Coronavirus:
There is, unfortunately, no concrete and precise information about coronavirus transmission. Yet, the following facts are believed to be the causes of coronavirus transmission among humans:
- Lack of protection or cover on the mouth while coughing or sneezing may cause the transmission of coronaviruses among the people in the surroundings.
- Contact with the hands or face of an infected person may cause the spreading of these viruses.
- Contact with an object or surface carrying coronaviruses and then touching your nose, eyes or mouth can also spread coronaviruses in rare cases.
To prevent infection of coronavirus, you can adapt the following remedies:
- Take sufficient rest and try to avoid excess physical stress
- Consume a sufficient amount of water.
- Say No to smoking and avoid smoky regions.
- Start medication for cough, cold, headache, breathlessness, and fever as early as possible.
- A room humidifier helps in targeting the coronaviruses up to a greater extent.
- Use a cool-mist vaporizer to nullify the effect of these viruses.
Thorough research about treating coronaviruses is still on. Presently, there are no type or symptom-specific treatments for this health issue. Yet, the expert doctors provide following coronavirus treatment according to the patient-centric diagnosis including the laboratory COVID-19 Test:
- Antiviral medication: The doctors try to minimize the symptoms prescribing antiviral medication to the patients. This coronavirus treatment would work for the patients suffering from the standard cold due to coronaviruses.
- Steroids: In rare cases, steroids may help to overcome the symptoms. Steroids may help in pain relief and regulation of the respiratory tract. Again, this helps in the initial stage and mild to moderate cold, cough, and some swelling of lungs.
- Supplemental oxygen or a ventilator: This coronavirus treatment is especially for severe cases. Supplemental oxygen or a ventilator would help patients to breathe properly. An additional supply of oxygen proves to be helpful in the infection of the lungs and the lower respiratory tract. The doctors implement this treatment for Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) if the patient doesn’t respond to general antiviral medication.
- Blood plasma administration: Sometimes, doctors administer blood plasma of a person already recovered from SARS. This treatment provides a positive boost to the immune system of the patient.
Coronaviruses have caused trouble before in many regions in the world. So, it is wise to be cautious and take preventive measures before the problem starts deteriorating. The talented researchers may come up with the remedies and treatments shortly. Till then, it is better to minimize the chances of infection.