With the spread of the COVID-19, the whole world is fighting it together. Although there is no vaccination available so far, the best way to fight this pandemic is to stay away from it by taking precautions, building immunity, and abiding by the government regulations. In this difficult time, SRL Diagnostics is also committed to providing its services for the country, and has been approved by ICMR, Govt. of India for sample collection, diagnosis and COVID-19 testing.
How to Protect yourself from Coronavirus
- Cleaning hands frequently using alcohol-based hand rub products.
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- While coughing and sneezing, one must cover the face with the flexed elbow or a tissue. Also, throw away the used tissue in a closed bin.
- Avoid close contact with anyone having a cough or fever.
- Seek immediate medical care if having a cough, fever, and difficulty breathing. Visit the nearest SRL Diagnostics centre for Coranavirus testing if asked by the doctor.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with hands, as it is one of the most important coronavirus tips to remember.
5 Essential Ways to Boost your immunity against Coronavirus
Discussed below are five measures on how to increase immunity against COVID-19:
1. Take Immunity-Boosting Foods & Vitamins
One may include the following foods to increase immunity against Coronavirus – vegetables like carrot, spinach, sweet potatoes, cantaloupes, dark leafy greens, tomato, asparagus, and broccoli; and fruits like mango, citrus fruits, and strawberries. These fruits and vegetables contain vitamins A, C, D, and E, and minerals like magnesium, selenium, and zinc. Special care is required in terms of diet for older people during Coronavirus pandemic as they are prone to catching it faster.
2. Take Proper 7-8 Hours of Sleep
Sleeping well is one of the easiest ways to increase immunity for COVID-19. A human body naturally repairs and recovers, during sleep, from all the wear and tear. Not sleeping enough not only leaves the body tired and lethargic but also reduces immunity to fight against viruses like COVID-19.
3. Drink up to 8-10 glasses of water every day
Staying hydrated is the best way to increase immunity to fight Coronavirus because it flushes out all the toxins from the body. Including fresh fruit juices and coconut water, along with consuming enough water throughout the day helps in keeping the body hydrated.
4. Don’t skip these home workout exercises
Home workout exercises are another way of flushing out toxins from the body through sweat. Make sure not to skip exercises while staying home during the pandemic. Depending upon one’s stamina and routine, some of the easy workout exercises that can be done at home may include rope-skipping, push-ups, jogging on the spot, front plank, and forward lunges.
5. Practice These 3 Steps
Staying indoors can be boring and stressful, and stress affects both the immune system and mental well-being. To build a good mental and emotional health, along with immunity, follow these measures:
Meditation is a mindful exercise that relaxes the mind of all external chaos and distractions. A mere 10 minutes of meditation every day can make a big difference not only throughout the day but also in life as a whole. A calm mind helps in better focus, better decisions, and builds a sound body.
Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
Smoking and other substance abuse weakens the respiratory system, while alcohol reduces the immunity. This makes the body susceptible to catching the virus and being infected.
Avoid Non-essential travelling
Social distancing is key to fighting novel coronavirus, and hence avoiding non-essential travel will help in protecting oneself and others from the virus.