Lab Management at Hospital
Laboratory management in India is a super specialized area. The need of the hour is to make dedicated investments in terms of high-end technologies, skilled manpower, automated equipments and compliance with stringent accreditation guidelines, providing excellent customer service. Since a lab within a hospital is run as one of the many departments, it typically does not receive the necessary attention from hospital management. This results in high inventory and costs, pilferage, inadequate quality / service turn-around-time causing dissatisfaction among clinicians and patients. In order to overcome these challenges, hospitals today are increasingly outsourcing lab management to external referral laboratories. This relatively new phenomenon is called Hospital Laboratory Management (HLM).
HLM allows hospitals to offer the best diagnostic care to their patients, while maintaining focus on providing their core healthcare services.
Following are the plethora of advantages being offered by SRL through its HLM set up:
- SRL, through its well defined SOPs and quality systems, ensures adherence to processes and thus takes care of precision and quality, which forms the foundation of any pathology service.
- Through the association, hospital will have an access to complete SRL test menu (3500 tests).
- Being a service based industry, brand equity among doctors and patients is very important and SRL proudly showcases its equity at various levels.
- SRL has a centre of excellence that brings expertise in various fields like Haematology, Clinical Pathology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Microbiology.
- SRL Lab is available at all major locations in India and thus prides on having an efficient system to provide a backup and cater to all the needs of the hospital for which the Lab is managed.
- Highly skilled and trained manpower from SRL Lab can supplement the existing hospital staff and thus would result in reduction in number of the manpower.
- Hospital can leverage upon the IT (information technology) infrastructure of SRL to ensure that relevant information becomes available across the hospital as the lab management systems can be integrated with Hospital Information System (HIS). Customer relationship management can also be taken care of by SRL.
Currently, over 100 Hospital Labs are being managed by SRL across India, thus we have exhaustive experience and expertise in this segment.